Sunday 27 October 2013

brief choice

On Monday 21/10/13 I was informed about a range of briefs to choice from for this semester. The aspect I want to focus on this year was 3D into games there was Two briefs that interested me, an animation brief or create a character for a game.. Since I already had advanced Animation as a module this year, I decided to focus more on the creating game character brief. This brief entails you to create one of three action/adventure game characters in both high and low poly.. Here is the choices I was given.

-Naturalistic and agile hero warrior based on the ancient Mayan culture
-Aggressive and brutish antagonist based loosely on Celtic Culture
- Peaceful and progressive shamanistic 'elder' figure based on 'futuristic' technology

The purpose of this brief is to build a reliable and deep resource of imagery and influences. I have decided to choose the Peaceful and progressive shamanistic elder which in my opinion means 'healer' in most games. So I will start researching into shaman history and use a spider diagram to lay out as much information so I can start building an image of this Character.

The next step is to create sketches and concepts to build up an idea of my final design. I will then proceed to build, sculpt, model texture and rig my high and low poly model and then create a turntable movie clip of my posed characters.

This brief doesn't have a style so I can use any style as far as I am aware but it does have a theme of action/adventure so I will try and explore this genre and see what elements I can use to help fuel my Research.



No comments:

Post a Comment