Tuesday 14 January 2014

Basic rigging of both high and low poly models


Rigging

Here are a series of screen shots displaying me create a basic rig and posing my model. To create the rig I followed a tutorial in digital explaining how to create a basic rig for posing purposes which I am trying to achieve.

I was actually dreading creating a rig for the model but after watching this tutorial I didn’t find it that bad in fact it was a really good tutorial breaking down how to create a basic rig. During this process I learnt how to;

-          -Create a basic joint skeleton.
-          -Basics of skinning a character.
-          -Fixing of ik solvers and handles.
-          -Parenting joints.
-          -Parenting basic controllers
-          -Distributing and colouring weights to show how much a joint effects the mesh.

With this leant I was able to pose my character.

low poly rig creation












high poly rig creation








No comments:

Post a Comment