Thursday 2 January 2014

placement of glow effect



This is the tutorial I used to teach me how to create a emissive map, sadly it didn't tell you where to insert the map in Maya as it was only talking about another program, Marmoset tool bag. It was designed for displaying models which I thought was ideal but I gave it a pass at first. So to experiment where the emissive file would plug in, I looked up some online information to find where this map was a meant to be placed. 



failed glowing effect 


After some frustration and lost hope I couldn’t find the input for the map as I thought it was placed in the glow special effects input in glow intensity.  I resorted to purchasing the program called marmoset tool bag and after purchasing this program I felt a little robbed as it didn’t have any fur texture materials within the program but it did have the emissive map placement.

Marmaset display renders.

side view

front view

The program might be sufficient for another model but for this model I didn’t think it presented well as I really wanted to try and get fur into the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment