Sunday 29 December 2013

creating map

So after learning about what a digital foot print was I would still want to talk about how I generated my maps. The image below was an earlier test before my new uv layout was done. This is just explaining how I created my maps for my model.

To generate the maps I would use topogun still following the tutorial. To set up a reference image for this I used my super high model from when I first exported out of z brush. I then loaded in the appropriate mesh which would lay over the reference from here topogun has a generate maps tab.

Going into the tab I was able to select what maps to develop and set a cage on top of the mesh to see what colour was extracted, basically if the cage didn’t cover the mesh it would not be able to absorb the detail and colour reference to produce the maps. By using this process I was able to extract 3 type of maps that I wanted. By doing this for each piece I would have vast library built out of these maps.


The maps that I wanted to generate were a normal map, cavity map and colour map.




No comments:

Post a Comment