Friday 27 December 2013

high poly model


Once I had remade every piece I was still way over the poly limit, so I started to delete edges,vertices and some faces that would not be seen to reduce poly count. There was also times were I had to go back and redo the tapoloogy in topogun. At this point I felt quite lost and frustrated with the process and started to doubt what I was doing. So I looked at other modelling tutorials provided on digital tutors. It seemed that the pipeline was to use topogun to ret apologize the mesh.

With much frustration I continued to finish of my high poly model even though I knew there was a flaw somewhere in my modelling process. The flaw was probably trying to get every detail possible were as topogun you make a blocked out shape of the model to extract the detail which later found out and finally was able to reduce the poly count. This was difficult to produce because of the way I had made my model.

total poly count of 9728 tris

Here is my completed topology of my high poly character. I'm quite pleased that I managed to reduce the poly count as it’s something I was struggling with. My main concern now is the helmet. It was really frustrating to create. This is my own fault as I modelled it not being aware how difficult it would be to recreate if I could go back and change something it would be to remake the helmet and make it a lot easier to model I also had similar problems with the belt.



No comments:

Post a Comment