Tuesday 10 December 2013

Helmet design

After creating the gauntlets I thought I would start creating the helmet the inspiration for the head piece was heavily influenced by the helmet from ‘Game of Thrones’  from the character ‘The Hound’ in my research it is a black metal helmet and I wanted to manipulate it into a future style that works for my shaman character.

Like any other model I blocked out the shape before starting to refine into the shape of a wolf. This process didn't take too long as I only wanted a basic shape because I wanted to bring it into Z brush for further detail.

 I made the under strap of the helmet separately which I later combined together.  Once that strap was made the helmet was ready to be exported into z brush.

side view 

3/4 view 

Front view

 When it came to combining the head piece and lower strap in Maya it didn't merge well but the  issue was easily fixed  as I was going to export it into Z brush, to add further details and within there I will be able to merge the pieces so they appear seamlessly and as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment