Wednesday 11 December 2013

zbrush and digital tutors


http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1361-High-Resolution-Game-Character-Creation-Pipeline-in-ZBrush-and-Maya



Working in z brush I will be following this tutorial provided by Matthew Keane in digital tutors.  Starting off with Maya’s exported version of the dress which were originally a trouser mesh. By following the tutorial on how to create folds and shape the fabric such as a trousers and shirts I used the knowledge I learnt there to apply onto my dress mesh and also started creating the shape for the two metal plates in front as part of the dress.



After I had made the dress and shaped the plates I moved onto making the belt part of my model the sides and the back of the belt were simple to shape and mould but I paid more attention in creating the front face as it would be a main visual because it was at the front of the model. Putting in the detail was difficult. The thin inner line was the tricky part it created rigid edges on the mesh which were difficult to fix, I tried smoothing out the mesh but that didn't seem to work so I thought I could fix it later when I had the model back in Maya.





From here I was able to join the dress mesh with my belt mesh together giving an almost complete lower body. A few adjustments were made to get the pieces to form but this was not a difficult task.



I also took the time to slightly improve on the chest are again just to give it a wee bit more detail.


To make the helmet more interesting I started to sculpt out the detail with the same method I did with the front of the belt again I found difficulty getting it smoothed even when I had turned on dyno mesh but it didn't help but again I will wait till I have exported the model back into Maya to fix it.




To create the jacket and the cape I went back to Maya to block out an easy form to start bringing the model together.


Progression so far


No comments:

Post a Comment