Saturday 21 December 2013

prepare to export

So to help reduce the pressure when exporting out my models I decided to decimate it and group them into different parts. This would mean that I would reduce the poly count but it should still keep the same level of detail.

Here is the before and afters of the decimated model parts as you can see the parts have not changed in much detail because using decimation master in z brush you have control on how much you want to reduce the polys by.































I found this knowledge to be really helpful and could be used in future projects to help reduce the polys for easier export. Sadly I didn’t use this method at the end as there were some implications and faults that I could not fix, so I ended using the high quality mesh.

 But learning to group and mask parts was a big help to separate the model out. This would benefit me to break the model up and be able to make a new and simpler mesh in topogun. But sadly this was a bad set back as it did not work the way I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment