Monday 23 December 2013

topogun and retapologising

Now that I had a super high reference mesh I was able to start creating my high poly version suitable for games. I began exporting the reference of each individual piece to start creating a new and reduced mesh.

I bought topogun to help as it seemed like a very reliable package to create low poly version of the high reference. Trying to create new topology was very time consuming as I was only new to this program and had to learn all the different functionality. So with a lot of crashes and trial and error with some frustration I was able to start creating a lower mesh.

So far working in a pipeline method, here is how I have broken it down;
-Creating super high model in z brush and Maya
-prepare model for export
-ret apologize in topogun
I hope by following this structured pipeline il be able to have my high poly character made.












So once I had finished ret apologizing each piece I would import into Maya to see what my poly count was and from here I would try to add or take away unneeded lines or face that would not be seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment